[jboss-user] [JBossCache] - Re: PojoCache, Serializable object and cluster

jacek187 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Mar 29 16:30:32 EDT 2007

I do some investigation and I think, that this is a bug in PojoCache (blocker in my opinion)
Look into TreeCacheAopDelegate._putObject method

  |       if(!cache_.isMarshallNonSerializable())
  |          AopUtil.checkObjectType(obj);
  |
  |       if (obj == null) {
  |          return cache_._removeObject(fqn, true);
  |       }
  |       // Skip some un-necessary update if obj is the same class as the old one
  |       Object oldValue = internal_.getPojo(fqn);
  |       if(oldValue == obj) return obj;  // value already in cache. return right away.

if new object == oldObject mothod is leaved and nothing is in cache changed!
I think that this should be true only for Advised objects and for Serializable absolutly not!

I've checked, that if comment out this condition my test pass!!
But I still didn't decide to use modified code in production use, because I don't know that this change causes other unexpected effects.

Because this bug is stopper for my (My application is using only PojoCache, and there are many Serializable objects stored in cache. Now I can't create cluster without huge code modification) I decide to report new bug: JBCACHE-1016. I hope, that this issue will be soon resolved.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4032933#4032933

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4032933