[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Re: Can I get to the parent process, given a sub-process?

avbentem do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Mar 30 04:17:17 EDT 2007

Meanwhile I've found GraphElement#getParents() (and likewise getParentChain), which returns all the parents of a graph element ordered by age.
List parents = processInstance.getProcessDefinition().getParents();
To me, it's a bit odd that the parents are retrieved from the process definition, as this would then not take runtime changes into account?

Like when using an event handler to set the sub-process on runtime -- that would probably change the process definition of that specific process instance, but I doubt these are persisted for each process instance?

Or when using loops, like when the current process has already been executed 3 times, would one then expect the current process to be found in getParents() 3 times as well?

Hmmm, maybe getParents() is the way to go in this case (to get the calling <process-state> from within some sub-process I would not care about traversing all the way up to the main process). I'll soon want an overview of the whole history though, so any thoughts are appreciated!

Thanks,
Arjan.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4033036#4033036

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4033036