[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & Deployment] - JBoss 4.0.3SP1 - log4j conflicting multiple applications

ulhas.math do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Mar 30 10:41:40 EDT 2007

I am using JBoss 4.0.3SP1
I m facing problems with configuring my log4j with my applications.
The basic problem is that log4j.jar is there in the JBOSS_CLASSPATH.
Now when i deploy multiple applications on this server then both the applications are using a common Logger instance for making modifications to the configurations(the PropertyConfigurator & DOMConfigurators).

So what happens is that both the applications use the configuration tat was set latest (i.e of the application that was deployed last).
Plz provide some solution for the above. I cannot remove the log4j.jar from classpath.

I also tried Jboss parent delegation given at http://wiki.jboss.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=ClassLoadingConfiguration

Here i tried the following code
<jboss-web>
  <class-loading java2ClassLoadingCompliance="false">
    <loader-repository>
      com.gep.cwa:loader=crm1
      <loader-repository-config>
        java2ParentDelegation=false
      </loader-repository-config>
    </loader-repository>
  </class-loading>
</jboss-web>
in jboss-web.xml placed in my WEB-INF folder.
so that the specif applications would give preference to local log4j.jar(in app lib) instead of picking up the jar in classpath.
But this too doesnt work

Plz provide some solution for this ..
Is this a bug with the version of JBoss that i m using ?
Still the

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4033212#4033212

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4033212