[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Seam and RichCliente

stu2 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Mar 30 14:39:26 EDT 2007

"mauro at automaware.com.br" wrote : "gavin.king at jboss.com" wrote : There is no good, standards-compliant, way to pass a conversation id transparently over RMI. Even if there was, the semantics are questionable, since conversation state is local, not remotely accessible.
  |   |
  |   | For WS, the notion of a conversation is better-defined.
  |
  | I´m a bit confused...
  | What I want to know is if I can use a Statefull Session Beans  Seam Component colled remotly by an swing  application (via a command handler)...

Hmm.  Let's back up a bit.  Stateful Session Beans are extremely useful in webapps since the main alternative for storing state between requests is generally to use the HttpSession - just a big per-user map.  If you're client is a swing app, I would think you'd be fine with Stateless Session beans.  Your client is more than capable of storing state on its own.

So my question is, given that you have a stateful client to begin with, and that accessing SLSB via RMI is a given, do you really need SFSB access?  Seam's SFSB-JBPM integration would be one reason that would still be appealing I guess, but is that what you're after?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4033325#4033325

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4033325