[jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - Re: error 202: handshake failed

PeterJ do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Mar 30 22:08:45 EDT 2007

The run.conf file is used for Linux only it is not used on Windows. But the same settings in run.bat are commented out also. I imagine that if I sat at your computer for a minute I could figure out exactly what is wrong and fix it. But since I cannot, I will give you step-by-step instructions to get the app server running, from scratch.

1) Get a 1.5 JDK from http://java.sun.com/javase/downloads/index_jdk5.jsp.

2) Install it. When it installs, do NOT place it into Program Files. Spaces in directory names cause various Java libraries fits, and unless you like chasing wierd problems, stick with plainer directory names. My JDK is installed at c:\apps\jdk1.5.0_11.

3) Set the JAVA_HOME environment variable in the system properties. To do this, right click My Computer, go to Advanced tab, click the Environment variables button, and under System Variables click New. Set it to where you installed the JDK. On my system, I set it to c:\apps\jdk1.5.0_11

4) Download the 4.0.5 version of the app server from http://labs.jboss.com/portal/jbossas/download. Click the Download link next to 4.0.5 (do not click Run Installer nor click Download Installer).

5) The download is a zip file. Unzip it. I unzipped mine into c:\apps and got c:\apps\jboss-4.0.5.GA.

6) Open a command prompt at c:\apps\jboss-4.0.5.GA\bin, and enter: run

Wait until you see a message like:

19:06:27,343 INFO  [Server] JBoss (MX MicroKernel) [4.0.5.GA (build: CVSTag=Branch_4_0 date=200610162339)] Started in 50s:468ms

Once you see that messages, you should be able to open a browser on the same system and enter http://localhost:8080/jmx-console.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4033413#4033413

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4033413