[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - EntityConverter - when and how?

irVega do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Mar 31 19:05:24 EDT 2007

Is there a layman's (but accurate and clear) description of what entity converters are for and how to use them.

I read everything google threw at me (search string: seam convertEntity) including
http://wiki.jboss.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=SeamEntityConverter
but am none the more certain about the precise intention.

Is it to convert an id (selected by the user from dropdown list, for example) to a full blown entity? Do you have an example use-case (in English, not code)?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4033477#4033477

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4033477