[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Nested conversations and transaction management

christian.bauer@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue May 1 12:03:26 EDT 2007

Read the documentation about TransactionalSeamPhaseListener in the reference to get more details, here is the Javadoc:

 * Transaction management for extended persistence contexts.
 * A transaction spans the restore view, apply request values, process validations,
 * update model values and invoke application phases. It is committed when
 * invoke application is complete, or renderResponse() or responseComplete() is
 * called. A second transaction spans the render response phase.

And something is not right with your code: @Transactional is for JavaBeans, you are using EJBs. If you want to change the transaction assembly, use @TransactionAttribute for EJBs. If you just want to say "I want a transaction when a method is called", you don't need any annotation, that's the job of the TSPL.

Finally, I would not use @Stateful EJBs and extended persistence contexts, unless you really understand all the implications of the persistence propagation rules - which is quite complex. I recommend you either read my book or that you read the Seam reference docs and use a Seam-managed persistence context. I've described the differences a few times in the past in detail, search the forum.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4042149#4042149

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4042149