[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: @RequestParameter issue

Sammy8306 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue May 1 16:42:17 EDT 2007

I wasn't trying to be hostile or anything, sorry if I came across like that?

What I want, is some mechanism to create (for example) a facesmessage containing a reference to the parameter name stating that invalid information is entered. However, 1) we are dealing with a GET, so facesmessages are not displayed directly (can work around that using a conditionally rendered div or something) 2) the runtime exception is not being thrown in the context of the component that accesses the requestparameter.
If redirecting based on the exception is the only mechanism available, then I'll use it - if there was an easier solution (which is why I asked the question) I would like to use that.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4042239#4042239

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4042239