[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Mathematical captcha & Email obfuscator

petemuir do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed May 2 11:48:48 EDT 2007

"Homer J." wrote :  as parent for s:email I agree with you that it would be conceptually correct / better, but I don't like it because the user would be forced to write more.  Further the text (not only the value) get´s obfuscated because, normally, one not only uses a mailto link but also shows the email address in the body of the  tag. Therefore further distinction would be required to distinguish normal text and - e.g. - a picture. Last but not least the email tag relies on some stuff in the obfuscator tag to keep the code dry.

Hmm, I see what you mean - I'll think about it :)  I can just see this being a cause of confusion down the line to users...

anonymous wrote : However: I stumbled upon a pretty strange behavior when using value binding and ui:repeat - e.g:
  | <ui:repeat value="#{newMembers}" var="newMember">
  |   | 	<s:obfuscator value="#{newMember.memberName}" /><br />
  |   | </ui:repeat>
  | results in:
  | Mona<br />
  |   | obfuscationOf(Mona)<br />
  |   | obfuscationOf(obfuscationOf(Mona))<br />
  |   | ...
  | This happens because the value is not renewed for 2nd+ iterations which seems to happen because the name of the value binding is the same. I worked around that by manually setting value=null in encodeEnd but this seems to be quite an ugly hack. Further it works fine for h:outputText.
  |
  | Is this a bug in JSF or am I missing the obvious? How is this normally solved?

Post an updated patch and I'll look - this *normally* works with no tricks!

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4042491#4042491

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4042491