[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Trinidad 1.0.0, Seam and JBoss 4.0.5

petemuir do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu May 3 06:32:08 EDT 2007

"stephen.friedrich" wrote : Thanks a million, Pete.
  | Maybe I will just update JBoss and JSF versions at the same time as switching from ADF Faces to Trinidad.
  | Seemed like a good idea to take the smallest step possible and update one after the other and check that nothing gets broken along the way.

It's probably worth it if you can - you will need to if you want to remain current with releases of Seam, as to run Seam 1.3 (and later) on JBoss 4.0.5.GA would need significant work!  Generally the JSF 1.2 RI seems "better" than myfaces (partly as its a newer spec!) e.g. better reporting of errors.

anonymous wrote : I noticed that seamdiscs puts the myfaces api jar in the ear and only the impl jar in the web module. That's a combination I have not yet tried. Will check if that works this evening.anonymous wrote :
  |   |
  |   | I take it you mean trinidad? Thats needed so that you can get at the trinidad model classes (such as TreeModel) from your business layer)
  |   |
  |   | anonymous wrote : I don't (yet) need jboss-seam-trinidad.jar if I don't need the special handling of Trinidad's data model, right?
  |   |

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4042777#4042777

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4042777