[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - How to authenticate user by department?

Jack Yeh do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu May 3 11:10:49 EDT 2007

I have a existing package that authenticate user by department to avoid user name conflict. In other word, there are 3 fields in the login form (Department, User Name and Password).

Now, I want to use Seam to do the web development. But I stock in the first step--Login process.

The default Seam authentication mechanism require org.jboss.seam.security.Identity class which does not include Department field.

I don't want to modify the Identity class directly because of the long term software upgrade consideration. What can I do to resolve this problem?

Any suggest is welcome.

I'm using Seam 1.2.1 GA.

Jack Yeh

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4042859#4042859