[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Really simple, please advice (passing h:dataTable to event)

viniciuscarvalho do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu May 3 15:10:36 EDT 2007

Hi there! I have a really simple question, can not find the answer :(

I'm trying to start a conversation on a second page after the user clicks on
a link in a view:

  | <h:dataTable value="#{customers}" var="c">

  | <s:link id="startRentProcess" value="Start Rental" action="#{rentalService.start(c)}"/>
  |
  | My RentalService:
  |
  | @Name("rentalService")
  | @Stateful
  | @Scope(ScopeType.SESSION)
  | public class RentalBean implements RentalService {
  |
  | @In(required=false) @Out
  | 	private Customer customer;
  | @Begin
  | 	public void start(Customer c) {
  | 		rental = new Rental();
  | 		customer = c;
  | 		rental.setCustomer(c);
  | 	}

The previous page is backed by a SLSB. When I get at the start, the Customer is null, not the one I've selected through the <s:link>

What am I missing? Do I need a @DataModelSelection?

Best regards

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4042951#4042951

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4042951