[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Seam's Identity and Authenticator

tonylmai do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu May 3 21:21:17 EDT 2007

Can someone tell me the correlation between Seam's Identity and Authenticator?

It is my understanding that we can declare/override the RuleBasedIdentity as followed:

@Name("org.jboss.seam.security.identity")
  | @Scope(ScopeType.SESSION)
  | @Intercept(InterceptionType.AFTER_RESTORE_VIEW)
  | public class MyIdentity extends RuleBasedIdentity {
  | 	@Override
  | 	public String login() {
  | 		super.login(); /* Ignore outcome from super */

  | 		return "nextPage";
  | 	}

And use it in our web page as followed:
<h:commandButton value="Login" action="#{identity.login}"/>

Then I also see code using Authenticator as followed:

component.xml
   <security:identity authenticate-method="#{authenticator.authenticate}" security-rules="#{securityRules}"/>
with
@Name("authenticator")
  | public class Authenticator {
  |     @In
  |     Identity identity;
  |
  |     public boolean authenticate() {
  |      	return true;
  |     }

Is there an implicit correlation between these two component? Or are they mutually exclusive? Is one better than the other?

Thanks for your help.
-tony

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4043050#4043050

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4043050