[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Is seam-gen really a good idea to learn about seam?

christian.bauer@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu May 3 21:46:08 EDT 2007

anonymous wrote : the tutorial should try to use SEAM "wrong"

As a writer I can tell you that this is a very difficult approach. You should not show readers something that doesn't work, the risk that part of it is memorized is high. You can use that technique sometimes, but I don't think it's a good idea here. The problem is that JavaEE/non-JavaEE deployment options are many and complex, adding more "wrong" combinations doesn't make them easier to learn.

One of the reasons why I did not yet push for a "press this key"-style example tutorial is because there is still hope that we can somehow simplify the deployment options to one or two primary choices. Which, instead of 22 configuration files for Hello World, would maybe run with 2.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4043052#4043052

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4043052