[jboss-user] [Management, JMX/JBoss] - Programatically creating XMBean Instance

toddjtidwell do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu May 3 23:40:43 EDT 2007

I've developed an XMBean that works fine when deployed through a jboss-service.xml.   However, I've come to a point where I would like to deploy multiple instances of this XMBean programatically.

In the past, with a standard MBean, you'd do something like this:

  | ArrayList serverList = MBeanServerFactory.findMBeanServer(null);
  |
  | MBeanServer server = (MBeanServer) serverList.get(0);
  |
  | ObjectName on=new ObjectName("my.domain:service=Test");
  |
  | ObjectInstance mbean = server.createMBean(MyMBean.class.getName(), on);

Sadly, with an XMBean the following Exception is thrown:

  | javax.management.NotCompliantMBeanException: Class does not expose a management interface: java.lang.Object

Obviously this is because I haven't tied it to the XML descriptor.  Is there a way to programatically do this?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4043063#4043063

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4043063