[jboss-user] [JBossWS] - JAX-RPC does not allow collection types?

marcusn do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri May 4 07:18:34 EDT 2007

I'm trying to create a webservice that returns a bean containing a collection. Something like this:

@WebService
class Service
{
   A getA();
}

class A
{
   public Collection getX();
};

class B
{
..
};

I get the following in JBoss log (running 4.0.5):

JAX-RPC does not allow collection types skipping: X

I searched the JAXB specs as JAX-WS delegates xml encoding to JAXB, but I either could not understand or find anything about collections. The JAXB API docs suggests that it should be handled.

Any ideas?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4043138#4043138

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4043138