[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Transaction Demarcation

toni do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri May 4 08:10:40 EDT 2007

How and where ca I turn this on?

I noticed something very interesing so: I used   "@TransactionAttribute(TransactionAttributeType.NEVER)"
 on the first call to the SLSB (stateless) and the transaction gets stopped! In the logfile I see:

007-05-04 14:56:08,090 ERROR [org.jboss.ejb.txtimer.TimerImpl] Error invoking ejbTimeout: javax.ejb.EJBException: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Transaction present on server in Never call

However, if I place the annotation on the method, which actually creates a single entity and gets called by, then nothing happens. So this explains why placing @TransactionAttribute(REQUIRES_NEW) on it does not work either!

The big question now is why? Do you have idea? Here once more the flow of execution:

1. User clicks button
2. userSchedule() gets called on SFSB1
3. scheduleMessages() gets called on SLSB1 by SFSB1
4. scheduleMessage() gets called by SLSB1 many times

Placing "@TransactionAttribute(TransactionAttributeType.NEVER)" on scheduleMessages() stops the flow of execution. However, placing it on scheduleMessage() has no effect!!

Why is that?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4043164#4043164

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4043164