[jboss-user] [JCA/JBoss] - Force Oracle to Rollback _after_ prepare phase?

ypsilon do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri May 4 10:40:15 EDT 2007

Hi

is it possible to make JBoss force oracle to roll a transaction back in the commit phase? The problem here is that once in a while it occurs that one of the resources fails to respond to the commit request even if the prepare call succeeded just seconds ago. Since in most of the cases this means that the questionable resource did not commit it would be helpful to roll the other participant in the transaction (= Oracle 10g) back.

Is there any way to achieve this? Far as I know it's up to the transaction manager to make such a decision. Can the JBoss transaction manager be forced to make this decision? (Actually I do not even know if oracle can do this, but I would bet so)

If not: Are there any other options than using the LastResource interface for the unreliable resource?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Greetings
PeeR

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4043222#4043222