[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & Deployment] - Re: Weird: Different deployed apps in each windows account,

PeterJ do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri May 4 10:49:24 EDT 2007

Are you by any chance running Vista? Vista creates a pseudo folder that corresponds to "Program Files" for every user. When a user makes changes to "Program Files" the change actually gets made in the pseudo folder. Of course, if you log in as someone else, then you have a different pseudo folder.  Also, when logged in as Administrator, there is no pseudo folder. Note that this is a new security feature in Vista that prevents viruses from corrupting applications.

Ways to get around this are:

1) Install JBoss AS somewhere other than Program Files (you are only asking for headaches by installing any Java software in a directory with spaces in its name)

2) Turn off the the security feature that reduces your rights (sorry, I'm not running Vista right now and I cannot recall the exact name of that feature, but just about every newsletter/article on Vista has that info)

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4043227#4043227

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4043227