[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: While Seam is great, is any weakness of this framework?

Delphi's Ghost do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri May 4 12:32:28 EDT 2007

anonymous wrote :
  | All the plugins that make up rhds will be available free on an eclipse update site - so for home dev you maynot even need a license

It's a question of this whole RHDS vs the community version which hasn't fully been explained clearly. From my last take on it, from a thread on TheServerSide, it sounded like the freely available one was just a collection of plugins and it was up to me to get it all working together. Whereas the the RHDS was a fully tested, everything works together set of plugins, just download and start programming. Otherwise, why pay for it, when the same thing is available for free (minus the support).

Either way, I can't wait to see it, and it's probably still cheaper than the Borland Delphi upgrades I paid for year after year.

anonymous wrote :
  | It's starred in my gmail for when I have a minute.

Thanks, I have the switcher working now.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4043269#4043269

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4043269