[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Pageflow Question & Switcher Issue

Delphi's Ghost do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri May 4 13:26:14 EDT 2007

Looking at this a bit more, it seems that join="true" might not be the best answer.
In my dummy app, I have meeting objects which has one or more person objects as members. When editing the meeting, you can select "add member" to go to the person search page where you select a person and the pageflow takes you back to the meeting edit with the person added as a member.

However, when on the person search page, you might want to invoke the add or edit person button to add or edit a person. The add/edit person page should have its own conversation and pageflow (right now, there is no pageflow).  Bear in mind that add/edit person could be called from the search page (or a RESTful URL) without being part of a conversation, and therefore should be able to start it's own conversation.

If I start my person edit conversation with <begin-conversation nested="true"/> :

Edit meeting (start conversation A)
click add member->goto person search page
click add person->goto person edit page (start nested conversation B)
click save person -> (end conversation B) goto person search page
select my new person ->goto edit meeting page
save my meeting (end conversation A)

If I use join=true, which at the moment, the pageflow issue is forcing me to :

Edit meeting (start conversation A)
click add member->goto person search page
click add person->goto person edit page (join conversation A)
click save person -> (end conversation A) goto person search page
....I have no active conversation at this point!

My person editor just ended my original conversation.

So it looks like nested should be the best option when dealing with pageflows. However the problem there is that nested=true on the begin-conversation tag causes a new nested conversation with each page rendering. Again, it's this issue of repeating the conversation tag everytime the page is rendered.

It sounds like the I should go submit a JIRA, and link back to this thread, and see what the powers that be think.

OTOH, my little meet manager test app rocks with seam, I can add meetings go select people, and come back to the meeting editor, and the conversation stuff just makes it so painless and straightforward.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4043286#4043286

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4043286