[jboss-user] [Remoting] - Re: https with path and ejb3 can not be configured

ron.sigal@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat May 5 03:27:22 EDT 2007

Hi Rino

Are you still having problems with this issue?  If so, I can tell you a couple of things that might help.

1.  The problem in JBWS-1141 comes from the fact that Remoting versions 2.x require a call to org.jboss.remoting.Client.connect() before any calls to Client.invoke(), whereas earlier versions of Remoting didn't impose that requirement.  The current version of EJB3 is compatible with Remoting 2.x.  Perhaps you can upgrade to JBossAS 4.2, where this problem is solved.

2. Are you familiar with the "path" configuration attribute, which adds a path the the InvokerLocator:

  |                <attribute name="Configuration">
  |                   <config>
  |                     <invoker transport="socket">
  |                       <attribute name="serverBindAddress">test.somedomain.com</attribute>
  |                       <attribute name="serverBindPort">8084</attribute>
  |                       <attribute name="path">foo/bar</attribute>
  |                     </invoker>

3. How are you passing in the org.jboss.remoting.serverAuthMode parameter?  You want it to be available to the client when it is creating its socket factory.  You could do that by passing it in the configuration map to the client, e.g., new Client(locator, configuration).   If you put it in an XML server configuration file, be sure to use the "isParam" attribute.

4.

anonymous wrote :
  | It should be possible (according to the documentation) to pass in the client cofiguration through a URL parameter. However this results in an exception when starting up the server

What does your URL look like?

-Ron

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4043414#4043414

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4043414