[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Nested conversations and transaction management

FabBoco do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat May 5 05:07:06 EDT 2007

Christian,

thank you again.

anonymous wrote :
  | You believe that there are nested transactions and that transactions span requests. These things do not happen or don't exist.

Your answers helped me to realize that this is not true.

anonymous wrote :
  | It took me a while to realize that you actually wanted to say "persistence context" whenever you said "transaction", because that is what you are looking for.

If you call - do all or nothing -  "persistence context" it is ok for me too.

Anyway, following your answers I get to exactly:

anonymous wrote :
  | - A long-running conversation that is started when the form in 1) is rendered
  |
  | - A Seam-managed persistence context with @In EntityManager (read the docs) that is bound to that conversation (automatically)
  |
  | - The conversation should begin with FlushModeType.MANUAL, so that the persistence context does not write to the database until em.flush() is called
  |
  | - All your screens and popups run inside the same long-running conversation (JSF POSTback propagates the conversation, for opening a new window etc. and propagation during GET use s:link or s:button)
  |
  | - ....

It is not working yet (my application is a little more complex of my description), but I think to be able to fix it myself.

Tank you again.

Regards

Fab.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4043420#4043420