[jboss-user] [Tomcat, HTTPD, Servlets & JSP] - Web application deployment question

xaeryan do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun May 6 20:38:16 EDT 2007

I'd like to be able to separate my classes from my WAR file, since my classes are often recompiled individually (and this is a large scale project).  If I omit the class files from the WAR, where should I put them instead?

I'd like to change from something like this (directory structure of WAR file):
-------------------
index.jsp
  | +META-INF
  | 	manifest.mf
  | +WEB-INF
  | 	web.xml
  | 	+classes
  | 		+package1
  | 			+subpackagename1
  | 				myclass.class
  | 		+package2
  | 			+subpackageame2
  | 				yourclass.class

to instead these (WAR file):
---------------
index.jsp
  | +META-INF
  | 	manifest.mf
  | +WEB-INF
  | 	web.xml
  | 	+classes

JAR file 1:
----------------
+META-INF
  | 	manifest.mf
  | +package1
  | 	+subpackagename1
  | 		myclass.class
JAR file 2:
+META-INF
  | 	manifest.mf
  | +package2
  | 	+subpackageame2
  | 		yourclass.class

When I do this, my index.jsp gives me classdefnotfound on 'myclass' and 'yourclass'.  I'm kinda new to this, but I figured the JARs should go inside the 'lib' folder of the JBoss server I am using.  This doesn't seem to be the case.  Any help would be appreciated.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4043552#4043552

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4043552