[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Re: JBPM Integration

estaub do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon May 7 08:44:35 EDT 2007

Sebastien,

I'm a relative newbie, so I can only help so much.

    anonymous wrote : If i want to create a workflow for entity E, do i have to store the id of each instance in the jbpm's context of the process instance in order to do the link between my application and jbpm process ?
Yes, that's the general approach

anonymous wrote :     If my application have its own entities for (User, Group, Tasks, Rights ...)
  |     How do i link with same entities of jbpm ?

The identify module is well-isolated and designed to be replaced with whatever you need.  See the userguide and javadocs.

anonymous wrote : Business has changed and i have added/removed some states to the process defintion. When deploying a new process definition, a new version is created.
  |      What happen to the objects (Ids) that where already in the workflow ?

They continue to use the old version of the process definition.  Old versions are retained in the database for that reason.
anonymous wrote : Do i have to do an sql patch procedure to move my objects already in the workflow to a consistent state according to the new prcocess  definition ?

Only if you don't want them to continue using the old version.

-Ed Staub

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4043634#4043634

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4043634