[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Seam component as a listener

matt.drees do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon May 7 18:02:41 EDT 2007

I ran into something like that.  The problem is that in

  | connection.addPacketListener(this);

"this" is a reference to the actual bean, and not a reference to the bean's proxy.  Interceptors (which are used for injection) are only called if you invoke a method on the proxy, not the bean itself.

I don't know the best way to solve the problem.  In your case you could do something like

  | connection.addPacketListener(Component.getInstance(this.getClass());

I don't really like it, but it should work.

If anyone knows a nicer way for a bean to get a reference to its own proxy, please speak up.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4043788#4043788

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4043788