[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & Deployment] - Seperate log4j.xml for each application

lost_traveller do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue May 8 07:19:54 EDT 2007

I have an application contained within an EAR file that uses Log4J for logging. I have a requirement to use the log4j.xml configuration file contained within the EAR. Is it possible to have additional log4j.xml files for each application?

I have tried using an MBean within the EAR to do the following but this fails to work since it is already configured by jboss:

org.apache.log4j.PropertyConfigurator.configure(log4jPropFile.toURL());

Is the only way to configure each of your applications log4j loggers is to modify conf/log4j.xml in the server directory?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4043887#4043887

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4043887