[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Getting Started with Seam and Maven / Migrating from Spring

-Arthur- do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue May 8 11:01:21 EDT 2007

Hi,

i'm fed up with developing Web Apps with Spring.
Spring is cool, no question, but the overhead is pretty too much. And its not a Web Framework.
Seams seems to be the thing i am searching for.
So i'm willing to learn another framework ;)

Seam tends to be an easy way to get things working and enables really cool features.

So, i plan to migrate my recent started own project onto Seam.
I wanna drop the whole spring stuff and migrate completely, because of consistency and so on.
At the moment the project isn't really big; ~ 90 classes. So i hope its not gonna be a bad pain.

My current project is built with Maven2 and i really want to reside on that.
This is the current build:

Facelets, MyFaces, Tomahawk, Ajax4JSF, Richfaces, Acegi, Spring, Hibernate.
I deploy to jetty on development with code/compile/test cycle. Is this possible with seam?

Should i use JBoss AS or Microcontainer?
I'm familar with Hibernate and would like to use it further.
Or yould you advice to change to EJB3?

Has anyone hints / advices / best practices to do my intend?

I've alerady discovered http://software.softeu.cz/seam/index.html for Maven2 support.

How i get started fast? ;)

Thansk very much for fast reply! I'm willing to begin this evening ;)

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4043953#4043953

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4043953