[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: JBoss WSRP consumer and file uploads

superfilin do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed May 9 07:24:26 EDT 2007

Hello, Julien!

anonymous wrote : Why do you need that feature ?

The question is not about what method to use to submit the form. It is fine that all forms are using POST method. But sometimes it is needed to create a link to change portlet state instead of a form. I assume when you press the link then HTTP GET method is used, correct? This is basically a styling issue as I do not want to have form buttons everywhere where it should be a link (anchor).

As I see the following 2 ways should work equally:

  | action=1d
  | &
  | windowstate=
  | &
  | mode=
  | &
  | ns=
  | &
  | is=_action=%2Fcom%2Fportal%2Ffront%2Fportlets%2FsendEmail%2FchangeStep
  | &
  | jbpns_2fdefault_2fTest_2fSENDEMAIL_2fSENDEMAILsnpbjstep=1">
  | ....</a>

and

  | <form action="/portal/portal/default/Test/SENDEMAIL/SENDEMAIL?
  | action=1d
  | &
  | windowstate=
  | &
  | mode=
  | &
  | ns=
  | &
  | is=_action=%2Fcom%2Fportal%2Ffront%2Fportlets%2FsendEmail%2FreceiveTopic"
  |
  |  method="POST">
  |
  | <input type="hidden" name="jbpns_2fdefault_2fTest_2fSENDEMAIL_2fSENDEMAILsnpbjstep"
  | value="2" />

  |    <input type="submit">
  | </form>

Am I missing something here? Is it possible to make the anchor above working? Currently when this kind of anchor is clicked on consumed portlet JBoss sends a message to the action specified but without "step" parameter.

Best regards,
Andrey

P.S. the form and link examples are taken from the markup shown on the consumer.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4044242#4044242

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4044242