[jboss-user] [JNDI/Naming/Network] - Re: my problem the port 1098 1099

PeterJ do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed May 9 10:31:47 EDT 2007

I run into this same situation with both Outlook and Norton Anti Virus at least once a month. After putting up with it for a while, I finally opened a support issue with out network services group (being in a large corp does have its benefits), but the final answer I got from them was that there was no way to change (or lock down) the port(s) that Outlook or NAV use (they checked with MS and Symantec). So the only resolution is when you run into this, reboot. Like I said, I get to do this about once  a month (though I am overdue, I haven't run into this in several months). Sorry I could not offer a better solution.

Maybe you could bring up JBoss AS before Outlook?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4044321#4044321

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4044321