[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - seam-gen vs. Oracle CHAR(n) and FLOAT

steve_of_AR do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed May 9 14:57:26 EDT 2007

A couple of type-mapping problems with seam-gen/hibernate and an Oracle database:
    CHAR(200)  in the database becomes a String entity property
    FLOAT in the database becomes a double entity property

These cause exceptions during deployment.   I can probably fix these in the seam-gen.reveng.xml file's typemapping section, but for the character field I'd really rather that it be a String in my entity instead of a Char[] (if that's what it wants).  Is there a bettter way to fix these?  Why's hibernate being so picky? I thought jdbc at least would silently do these conversions anyway...

The deployment exception (for the CHAR(200) column):
    WARN  [ServiceController] Problem starting service persistence.units:ear=Janus.ear,unitName=DevSchema

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4044447#4044447

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4044447