[jboss-user] [Persistence, JBoss/CMP, Hibernate, Database] - Problrms getting Datasource connection whith DAO and EJB

cdmunoz do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed May 9 16:34:04 EDT 2007

Inside the same project I'm using both EJB 3.0 (with configuration in persistence.xml) and DAO with JDBC. I don't have problems accessing objects with EJB beacuse they are on a particular module, but I can't access any object with JDBC.
I got configured my oracle-xa-ds.xml as follow:
<xa-datasource>
    <jndi-name>fmarketdb</jndi-name> . . .  for EJB and
 <xa-datasource>
    <jndi-name>it</jndi-name> . . .  for JDBC.
Jboss Application Server (jboss-4.0.3_SP1) inits the datasource without problems.

My jboss-web.xml:
<jboss-web>
   <resource-ref>
   	<res-ref-name>jdbc/it</res-ref-name>
   	<jndi-name>java:/it</jndi-name>
   </resource-ref>
</jboss-web>

My web.xml:
<jboss-web>
   <resource-ref>
   	<res-ref-name>jdbc/it</res-ref-name>
   	<jndi-name>java:/it</jndi-name>
   </resource-ref>
</jboss-web>

My Java source (jdk1.5.0_08):
protected Connection getConnection() throws Exception {
		Context initCtx = new InitialContext();
		DataSource ds = (DataSource)envCtx.lookup("jdbc/it");
		Connection conn = ds.getConnection();
		conn.setAutoCommit(false);
		return conn;
	}

When I try to access an object through JDBC, I got the next error:
java.lang.NullPointerException at com.ceiba.corporativo.root.bo.BussinessLogicAbs.getConnection(BussinessLogicAbs.java:57)
and this because envCtx.lookup("jdbc/it") returns null and I don't understand why? Those are independent modules.
Can somebody help me please?
Does affect EJB configuration inside Jboss?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4044478#4044478

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4044478