[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Re: Can't run example (JBoss Messaging 2.1)

tamaluna do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed May 9 17:28:23 EDT 2007

Ok, I started again from scratch.  This time I did the web install of JEMS 1.2.0.GA.  I selected the "all" option rather than the "default" installation.  The next window in the installation shows all the components, with checkboxes next to each one to toggle their installation.  Notably, jbossmq-service-ha is deselected, while jbossmq-service is selected (by default).  It is noteworthy that the User's Guide does not advise on the proper JBoss setup.

After JEMS install, there are two jar files containing the string "mq":

jbossmq-client.jar in [JBOSS_HOME]\client\
jbossmq.jar in [JBOSS_HOME]\server\default\lib

After the "ant -f release-admin.xml" step (Ch5.1 of the User's Guide), there are now three jar files containing the string "mq":

jbossmq-client.jar in [JBOSS_HOME]\client\
jbossmq.jar in [JBOSS_HOME]\server\default\lib
jbossmq.jar in [JBOSS_HOME]\server\messaging\lib

When I start the "messaging" server (with my MDB present), I get the same errors I was getting before.

You were suggesting, Tim, that I did something unusual in the installation.  But I followed the instructions step by step, so I am inclined to think that the installation protocol is faulty.

So, to get around this issue, do I only have to eliminate these "mq" jars?  and/or is there some other jar I need instead?

~PT

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4044498#4044498

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4044498