[jboss-user] [JCA/JBoss] - How to create a UDP server?

BogusException do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed May 9 20:12:58 EDT 2007

Is it possible to use JBoss to deploy an app/bean that would listen on, say, port 515 UDP for syslog traffic?

I saw one post talk about doing it with a servlet, but all I can find are examples for web pages. Is this because there can only be one daemon listening on a single port, or is it just that I haven't looked in the right place(s)?

Are we talking about a process outside the app server, running as a J2SE app that then needs JCA to get it's data into, say, a stateless bean?

JBoss seems to be OK at providing web services and web pages from/for apps in the container, but I can't seem to locate even the ,ost basic example of how to create a UDP server that is managed by JBoss.

Thanks very much in advance!

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4044545#4044545

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4044545