[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - How to deal with Query on passivation?

toni do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu May 10 05:37:48 EDT 2007

Hi,

my users can browse customer data table and apply certain filter criteria to it.

For that a SFSB stores a single Query object, which get's set in an action method.

However, the execution of the query occurs just before the render response phase through a page action in pages.xml.

This works quite well, because the query gets set depending on the users action and the datamodel is being refreshed afterwards by executing the query.

However, the only problem I get is when the SFSB get passivated after a certain idle time.

Because the Query is not Serializable and error occurs. After the page is reloaded everything works until passivation occurs again.

Any ideas, how I could get around this? First about I thought about saving the query string but that is no option, because I also have to set Parameters on certain queries and there are many different ones. They should be initialized in the action method the user calls. Then the model should be updated, not having to know how the query looks like.

Any ideas?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4044621#4044621

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4044621