[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Re: RediveryDelay implemented yet?

parressh do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu May 10 11:25:32 EDT 2007

timfox, my MDB is simply calling a web service, which can be slow/unreliable and that is why we are using JMS; so that our front-end processing can be fast.  Since the web service may be down, it doesn't make sense to retry the operation without a delay.

My current hack for delaying redelivery is to throw a RuntimeException from the MDB which sends the message to the DLQ since I have DefaultMaxDeliveryAttempts=1.  (Interesting how this config parameter works with MDB's, but DefaultRedeliveryDelay does not.)  Anyway, I have another MDB listening to the DLQ which sleeps for a time and sends back to the original queue where the first MDB picks it up again.  I suspect that sleeping the thread is probably a bad idea, which is why I'd like to know how to make use of the redelivery delay feature of JBM.  I'm open to not using MDB's (like Spring, maybe), so I was wondering what suggestion you have for receiving the messages to make use of the delay, since it does not work with MDB's.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4044715#4044715

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4044715