[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Requirements for using @Startup annotation?

tonylmai do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu May 10 12:17:11 EDT 2007

Hello,

I have an application facade with an application scope that I'd like to be instantiated when Seam context begins. It seems to fit the criteria for using the @Startup annotation. Yet, Seam complained "The annotation @Startup is disallowed for this location".

Here is my code:

@Stateless
  | @Scope(ScopeType.APPLICATION)
  | public class TradeDeskManagerBean implements TradeDeskManager {
  |     @Startup
  |     public void init() throws ServiceLocatorException, AuthenticationException, JMSException {

What is the requirements for using this @Startup annotation. The manual has only one paragraph referring this annotation.

One a different note, do I even need to declare this facade as SLSB? This bean contains a context into another EJB container. How would Seam's concurrent model provide safe access into this "Singleton"?

Thanks for your help.
-tony

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4044735#4044735

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4044735