[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - programmatically apply a template to UIDecorate?

charles.crouch@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu May 10 16:27:28 EDT 2007

Looking at the docs here http://docs.jboss.com/seam/1.2.1.GA/reference/en/html/validation.html

I see reference to the cool feature of being able to use a template with the s:decorate tag.

  |   <s:decorate id="zipDecoration" template="edit.xhtml">
  |         <ui:define name="label">Zip code:</ui:define>
  |         <h:inputText id="zip" value="#{location.zip}" required="true">
  |             <a:support event="onblur" reRender="zipDecoration"/>
  |         </h:inputText>
  |     </s:decorate>

However I'm currently programmatically creating the decorate components (org.jboss.seam.ui.UIDecorate) and then binding them into the page. The trouble is that I don't see any way to specify a template on the latest UIDecorate class?

http://fisheye.jboss.com/browse/~raw,r=1.15/JBoss/jboss-seam/src/ui/org/jboss/seam/ui/UIDecorate.java

I've got a growing suspicion thats this is going to be impossible :-(. But it would be *so* cool if you could :-)

Thanks

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4044807#4044807

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4044807