[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: programmatically apply a template to UIDecorate?

charles.crouch@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu May 10 19:22:04 EDT 2007

"petemuir" wrote :  I did a similar thing for Christian for the wiki a while back.
Cool, Christian and I briefly spoke on this topic when he was doing the wiki stuff. I think we had approximately similar requirements.
Can you point me at the code you did?

"petemuir" wrote :
  | So, it all depends on how you are adding the UIDecorate to the tree at the moment...
  |
  | Post some code :p

So its pretty simple stuff right now. We're creating a HtmlPanelGrid then for each form element (textbox, textarea etc) we want to render we create a UIDecorate

 UIDecorate component = (UIDecorate) getApplication().createComponent(UIDecorate.COMPONENT_TYPE);
  | component.setId(getUniqueId());

then add all the components relevant to that element as children of the UIDecorate

  | decorator.getChildren().add(getUnescapedOutputText("<br/>"));
  | decorator.getChildren().add(getTextAreaInputWidget());
  | etc

Then add the decorator back into the grid

panelGrid.getChildren().add(decorator);

Finally we outject the panelGrid and display it in a facelets page.

<h:panelGrid binding="#{dynamicPanelGridTest}" />

Hope this helps
Cheers

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4044851#4044851

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4044851