[jboss-user] [Clustering/JBoss] - Doubt regarding clinet side interceptor.....

PriyaP do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri May 11 01:01:13 EDT 2007

The jboss site says that there are 2 types of Clustering architectures
a. Load balancing and
b. Client side interceptors
I have tried out load balancing using Apache with mod_jk and it works fine.

What are exactly client side interceptors ? I hope this is simply clustering services like EJB.,
Is there anything apart from what I have understood.

If I cluster my EJBs, can I say that we have implemented Client side interceptors. I am a bit confused becoz, different people use different terms.

can I implement both load balancing and client side interceptor or we can only use any one of the clustering types.

I hope load balancing is just meant if the users of your application is very huge and it simply redirects the http request to different servers. For actual clustering, we need to cluster the EJBs.

In my project JNDI services and EJB are used and is it required to implement JNDI type clustering as well as EJB clustering.

Reference: http://docs.jboss.org/jbossas/jboss4guide/r4/html/cluster.chapt.html

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4044871#4044871

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4044871