[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Conditional navigation in pages.xml

gmarcus do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri May 11 13:41:04 EDT 2007

"christian.bauer at jboss.com" wrote : You can't, "null" outcome means re-render.

I was hoping that I could avoid having to put additional outcomes or view logic inside my business layer call to account.validateEmail()   (which is a SFSB)

It made sense to me that I should be able to redirect to a view in case of null.  Even the Seam Reference Documentation shows an example of this in Section 5.1.1.2:
anonymous wrote :
  | If you want to perform navigation when a null outcome occurs, use the following form instead:
  |

  |   | <page view-id="/editDocument.xhtml">
  |   |
  |   |     <navigation from-action="#{documentEditor.update}">
  |   |         <render view-id="/viewDocument.xhtml"/>
  |   |     </navigation>
  |   |
  |   | </page>
  |   |

I thought you can define multiple rules with a naviagation element.  How do I specify multiple rules in this case to go to one view on outcome of "success" and another view for anything else?

Glenn

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4045086#4045086

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4045086