[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Re: jBPM project, Eclipse, JBPM Library

lachelt do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri May 11 16:29:51 EDT 2007

Hi Simon,

Perhaps you've already gotten the answer you needed.

This can be a confusing aspect of Eclipse.  You can add any library to an existing project.

1) look at the current list of libraries for a project
     Project->Properties   Libraries tab

2) usually we use the Add Variable...
    Either choose an existing variable that has the base path to the library, or start with Configure Variables... to add a New variable.  Then use the Extend... button to indicate which library.  Then later you can change the value of the variable (say when you install a new version of jBPM), and any library links that use the variable will reference the right place.

You'll find that that is also the place in which you can attach the source to a given library.  That let's you navigate into the library source code directly from your own source, using the nice Eclipse Ctrl-click feature (hover on a method or variable and press&hold Ctrl, then click to jump to the source where it is defined).

As for the question of creating a JBPM project out of a plain Java project.  That is an aspect of Eclipse I'm not sure about.  I tried to do something similar in another context (convert Java project to a Flex project), but didn't come up with a way to do it.  But I bet there is a way.

  -Jon Lachelt

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4045132#4045132

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4045132