[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Problem using selectOneMenu in jenerating dynamic select opt

ask4saif do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun May 13 09:01:55 EDT 2007

Dear fellows,

I am getting a strange problem, I have a form for adding a new hotel in db. I have two selectOneMenu in my forms.
1. country
2. states

when the value of country is selected, i use seam remoting to get the states of that country and populate in my second list states. And i submit the form, untill here there are no problems.

but when i submit the form get a validation message for the states list box, "value is not valid". I dont know why it is giving it. Here is some description of my code in javascript.

function loadCountryStates(){

  |     var str = document.getElementById('hotelform:country').value;
  |     HotelsAction.getCountryStatesList(str,getStatesCallback);
  |
  | }
  |
  | function getStatesCallback(result){
  | 		clearStatesList();
  |
  | 		var resLen = result.length;
  |
  | 		for(var i=0; i < resLen ; i ++){
  |
  | 			var codeName = result;
  | 			var code = codeName[0];
  | 			var name = codeName[1];
  |
  | 			var states = document.getElementById('hotelform:state');
  |
  | 			newOpt = document.createElement('option');
  |  			newOpt.value = code;
  | 			newOpt.text  = name;
  |
  | 			try {
  | 			    states.add(newOpt, null); // standards compliant; doesn't work in IE
  | 			 }catch(ex) {
  | 			    states.add(newOpt); // IE only
  | 			 }
  | 		}
  | 	}

THis is the way i am populating my list and it give following error on the console output

anonymous wrote : 17:47:37,468 ERROR [NavigationMenuUtils] Invalid child with id _id2of component with id : nav_3 : must be UINavigationMenuItem or UINavigationMenuItems, is of type : com.sun.facelets.compiler.UIInstructions

Can any one help me thanx in advance

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4045282#4045282

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4045282