[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Cant load applet

Christopher Ljungblad christopher.ljungblad at gmail.com
Sun May 13 16:34:08 EDT 2007

Hi,

I ran into problems while deploying an (.ear) seam application on jboss.

How do I configure Seam to be able to load applets.class defined in a jar
file. I have done this successfully in other web (.war) projects.

Where should the .jar (having the applet) be placed and how do I configure
Seam to find it?

This is the html file:

 <applet align="top" width="460" height="140"
                code="se.hello.LogonApplet.class"
                archive="cbt_bidt_3_2_5_sign.jar"
                name="LoginApplet">

Exception I get when loading applet:

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: se.hello.LogonApplet.class
    at sun.applet.AppletClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
    at sun.applet.AppletClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
    at sun.applet.AppletClassLoader.loadCode(Unknown Source)
    at sun.applet.AppletPanel.createApplet(Unknown Source)
    at sun.plugin.AppletViewer.createApplet(Unknown Source)
    at sun.applet.AppletPanel.runLoader(Unknown Source)

Thanks
Christopher