[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & Deployment] - Multiple applications connection problem

mex do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon May 14 04:45:57 EDT 2007

We are attempting to run
     -- two (almost identical) ears
     -- on a single instance of  JBoss [Zion] 4.0.5.GA
     -- using two datasources
     -- pointing to two different databases on the same database server.

What happens is that  the ear deployed first determines the database used.
In other words, the second ear will connect to the same database as the first one.
Therefore entity beans of the second-deployed application are connected to the wrong database.

When run individually, each application connects to the database as defined in the relevant -ds file.

Details
There are no deployment errors

Both datasources are bound correctly to different JNDI-names and show up correctly in the JNDI-view under the java: Namespace.

The applications are separated in Global JNDI namespace.

Inspecting the log indicates that there is no classloading issue.
Static code sections work properly also indicate there is no problem with classloading.
Accessing the datasources directly from each application via InitialContext.lookup by JNDI also works.

We use two -ds files (putting both datasources into one file made no difference):
first-ds.xml
  | <datasources>
  |
  |    <local-tx-datasource>
  |     <jndi-name>MySql_FIRST_DS</jndi-name>
  |     <connection-url>jdbc:mysql://ourHost:3306/firstSchema</connection-url>
  |     <driver-class>com.mysql.jdbc.Driver</driver-class>
  |     <user-name>ourName</user-name>
  |     <password>ourPassword</password>
  |   </local-tx-datasource>
  |
  | </datasources>
  |

  | second-ds.xml
  | <datasources>
  |
  |   <local-tx-datasource>
  |     <jndi-name>MySqlDS</jndi-name>
  |     <connection-url>jdbc:mysql://ourHost:3306:3306/secondSchema</connection-url>
  |     <driver-class>com.mysql.jdbc.Driver</driver-class>
  |     <user-name>ourName</user-name>
  |     <password>ourPassword</password>
  |   </local-tx-datasource>
  |
  | </datasources>