[jboss-user] [Microcontainer] - disable lifecycle method calling for bean?

kibbles do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon May 14 12:56:38 EDT 2007

Let's say I have a bean that just happens to have a method that matches one of the default lifecycle methods: create/destroy start/stop. How do I prevent the kernel from calling one of these methods when installing my bean in the container? My bean needs to implement an interface that has a create() method, but I don't want it being called by the kernel, but rather by clients of my bean. Do I have to add a  child element with a bogus method name? It would be nice if there was either an annotation or an attribute on the lifecycle element (e.g. ignore="true") that supported this.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4045557#4045557

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4045557