[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & Deployment] - NetBeans and JBoss 4.2.0 problem?

spirosmichalak do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue May 15 09:15:28 EDT 2007

I just downloaded jboss-4.2.0 and unzipped it into a directory: C:\Program Files\jboss-4.2.0.GA

When I try to 'Add Server' in Netbeans (I've already removed the previous server from Netbeans, which was "jboss-4.0.4.GA") and I choose JBoss Application Server 4 I am then prompted for the server Installation location. When I select the new installation ("C:\Program Files\jboss-4.2.0.GA") NetBeans doesn't let me and pops up a "Provide a valid JBoss Application Server 4 Installation Location".

Is this because:

a) I 'installed' simply by unzipping the file and not using a JEMS Installer, because I couldn't find one on the site.

b) It's a NetBeans problem, or

c) Any other reason :-)

Is there a workaround? What is NetBeans looking for to consider it a 'valid JBoss AS installation location'?

Regards,
Spiros

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4045800#4045800

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4045800