[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Parameter passing for page action

milli do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue May 15 17:29:05 EDT 2007

"christian.bauer at jboss.com" wrote : <f:param name="category" value="#{home.category}" />

  | ?! What is that supposed to do? It renders the toString() method of the Category class as a URL parameter. Seriously, you need to read up on conversations.

Sorry that I didn't make it clear. I changed category to a string variable(in the latest one) just to see if it would get passed. Basically I'm passing a category name(string) as a parameter to categoryAction(categoryAction.action) to see if it would available in category.xhtml if categoryAction is in EVENT scope. When the action method(categoryAction.action) is called, the member variables "category" is set to "Testing Event Scope"(thru' @RequestParametr) and Id is set to 1.
But when the page category.xhtml is loaded they are not available.

I am looking in to conversations as well. But EVENT scope meets my requirements if it works the way it is supposed to work.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4045950#4045950

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4045950