[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: First JBoss Seam book released

kasim do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue May 15 22:26:18 EDT 2007

"smithbstl" wrote : I skimmed the other book:"Beginning JBoss Seam: From Novice to Professional" from APress before "JBoss Seam: Simplicity and Power Beyond Java EE" was released.  The APress book was pretty light on content.  It looks like it was just a rushed attempt to be the the first Seam book to market.  I would not recommend it.  I am glad Michael and Thomas held this book back in order to include some of the emerging features, makes it a more worthwhile read and will get outdated so fast.

For the record .... since i am the author of that book.

It was not a rushed attempt to be first on the market.

It is as the title alludes to a "Beginners" book. It is designed for people who do not have extensive experience with Java EE, since it is relatively knew to corporations. ( i only know of a few actually using it)

The book gives a person a solid basis in JBoss Seam as well as Java EE.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4046006#4046006

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4046006