[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: @Filter example

anescu do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed May 16 05:00:57 EDT 2007

Ok, I have some progress:

1) I defined 2 entity managers in components.xml:
 <core:managed-persistence-context name="entityManager"
  |       auto-create="true"
  |       persistence-unit-jndi-name="java:/entityManagerFactory"/>
  |
  | <core:filter name="hubFilteredChannels">
  |    <core:name>hubFilteredChannels</core:name>
  |    <core:parameters>
  |       <key>currentHub</key>
  |       <value>#{currentHub}</value>
  |    </core:parameters>
  | </core:filter>
  |
  | <core:managed-persistence-context name="filteredEntityManager"
  |          auto-create="true"
  |          entity-manager-factory="#{entityManager}">
  |    <core:filters><value>#{hubFilteredChannels}</value></core:filters>
  | </core:managed-persistence-context>

2) Then I override the getPersistenceContextName in my entity List class:
@Override
  | protected String getPersistenceContextName()
  | {
  |    System.out.println( "### debug step" );
  |    return "filteredEntityManager";
  | }

3) Now i can deploy and browse the other parts of the application as before using the filter, but i get an exception when opening the entity list screen, something about a ClassCastException:

Caused by: java.lang.ClassCastException: org.jboss.seam.persistence.EntityManagerProxy

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4046044#4046044

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4046044